Through a programme of teaching, silence, worship and reflection based on a Benedictine monastic pattern The Community for Spiritual Formation creates transformative space for people to be in communion with God, self, others, and creation for the sake of the world.
Registration is now open
for a full Five-Day Community taking place in Durham in July:
Divine Intimacy, Ordinary Holiness: 10th – 15th July 2022, St, John’s College, Durham
- Picking up from the June 2020 cancelled event, Gemma Simmonds CJ, a well-known author and broadcaster on spirituality has again agreed to be with us to explore this fascinating theme.
- The second speaker will be Rev. Dr. Andrew Walker, well-known spiritual director, teacher, lecturer and author.
- For more information, download the registration form and the flier below:
Waiting on the Word: 7th – 12th November 2021, Cliff College, Derbyshire
- A full Five-Day Community focussing on poetry and images for the Advent season with Rev. Dr. Malcolm Guite, well-known contemporary poet (and much else besides) and Sister Margaret Crinyion OSM a Roman Catholic nun who lives as a hermit.
- A wonderful pre-Advent gathering in which 30+ participants enjoyed stimulating teaching, thoughtful worship and preaching and a sense of forming, not merely individual spirituality, but spirituality in community as well.
General Information about the Community
Through a programme of teaching, silence, worship and reflection based on a Benedictine monastic pattern,
the Five-Day Community for Spiritual Formation
- root spirituality in Christian faith and tradition
- provide opportunity for participation in community life
- form people for life in a changing world
Community policies: Up-to-date Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies for the Community for Spiritual Formation can be downloaded below.
Core Values and Ethos: The Community is linked to the Academy for Spiritual Formation, based in the US. Below you can also download the full Core Values of the Academy, as well as a summary sheet, Community Ethos and Values.