Covid-19 has disrupted life as we know it across the world. At this time we hold in prayer all who are suffering sickness and bereavement as a result of the virus and we pray for those who on the front line in health care and scientific research.
In Britain and Ireland, the Community for Spiritual Formation had to cancel a number of events in 2020. However we are now very hopeful that the following two events will go ahead in November 2021 and July 2022.
Waiting on the Word: 7th – 12th November 2021, Cliff College, Derbyshire
- A full Five-Day Community focussing on poetry and images for the Advent season. Our two presenters will be Dr. Malcolm Guite, well-known contemporary poet (and much else besides) and Sister Margaret Crinyion OSM a Roman Catholic nun who lives as a hermit.
- For more information download the flier here.
- Registration is now open and places are filling up fast. If you are interested in attending, please email the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form and enquire about availability.
Divine Intimacy, Ordinary Holiness: 10th – 15th July 2022, St, John’s College, Durham
- Picking up from the June 2020 cancelled event, Gemma Simmonds CJ, a well-known author and broadcaster on spirituality has again agreed to be with us to explore this fascinating theme.
- The second speaker will be Rev. Dr. Andrew Walker, well-known spiritual director, teacher, lecturer and author.
- Registration will open for this event during 2021.
Registration forms will be added to the website in due course.
General Information about the Community
Through a programme of teaching, silence, worship and reflection based on a Benedictine monastic pattern,
the Five-Day Community for Spiritual Formation
- root spirituality in Christian faith and tradition
- provide opportunity for participation in community life
- form people for life in a changing world
Community policies: Up-to-date Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies for the Community for Spiritual Formation can be downloaded below.