Covid-19 has disrupted life as we know it across the world. At this time we hold in prayer all who are suffering sickness and bereavement as a result of the virus and we pray for those who on the front line in health care and scientific research.
In Britain and Ireland, the Community for Spiritual Formation has had to cancel a number of events in 2020. We very much hope that the following events will be able to go ahead:
Waiting on the Word: 7th – 12th November 2021, Cliff College, Derbyshire
- A full Five-Day Community focussing on poetry and images for the Advent season. Our two presenters will be Dr. Malcolm Guite, well-known contemporary poet (and much else besides) and Sister Margaret Crinyion OSM a Roman Catholic nun who lives as a hermit.
- For more information download the flier here.
- Provisional bookings may be made for this event by emailing the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, email address and a contact telephone number. You will then be advised when registration opens fully.
Divine Intimacy, Ordinary Holiness: 10th – 15th July 2022, St, John’s College, Durham
- Picking up from the June 2020 cancelled event, Gemma Simmonds CJ, a well-known author and broadcaster on spirituality has again agreed to be with us to explore this fascinating theme. The second speaker is yet to be confirmed.
- Registration will open for this event during 2021.
Registration forms will be added to the website in due course.
General Information about the Community
Through a programme of teaching, silence, worship and reflection based on a Benedictine monastic pattern,
the Five-Day Community for Spiritual Formation
- root spirituality in Christian faith and tradition
- provide opportunity for participation in community life
- form people for life in a changing world